Email:

Contact us by email at runner04@gmail.com

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

It was my brother's birthday this week. Happy Birthday little brother. We sure wish he could be here to celebrate. On our birthday's my mom always gets us a chocolate chocolate donut for breakfast. I guess we will each have to eat one this week for him. We sent him a package, no chocolate donut, but lots of treats, razors for shaving, books, and letter writing supplies and calling cards so he can keep calling home.

My mom had the opportunity to talk to my brother on the phone the other day. He is doing well. He asked her to send cinnamon bears because several of his friends have never had a cinnamon bear. My mom thought that was pretty funny and is getting those cinnamon bears on their way. He also requested frooties. Now half of my family didn't even know what those were. They are mini fruit flavored tootsie roll type candies sold in bulk at Costco. My in-laws always have them on hand because my kids love them.

Our next 8 packages are due to be mailed out this weekend. They will be full of toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, hand towels, chapstick, crystal light to go packages, nuts, and powerbars. Thanks to everyone who wonderfully donated supplies for us to send and money to help us mail these packages out. We've had a great deal of support to assist us in getting these packages out each month and making a difference in the lives of 50 Marines.

My coworker sent this video today. The body of the email said, " A good reminder of what our military personnel have to leave behind when they are deployed." This is a touching video and I am warning you now you will need your tissues. I used the remainder of the box on my desk, yes I cried at work!



2 comments:

  1. Great update! Glad to hear that our packages our being well received. That video was evil; in a good way, of course. I bawled like a baby the entire time. The families of soldiers, including you, is making a great sacrifice, and one that isn't shared equally in any respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that video is so adorable! I love watching the children run to their fathers. It's so touching. Thanks for sharing!

    And we're still praying for Matt!

    ReplyDelete